New San Lorenzo coach Ricardo Caruso Lombardi believes he can save the club from relegation from Argentina s top flight.
Caruso Lombardi agreed to replace Leonardo Madelon who resigned in the wake of their 2-0 home loss to Velez Sarsfield on Sunday on Tuesday.
Speaking to the press as he prepared for Sunday s clash against Racing Club, the outspoken coach said he would do all he could to keep San Lorenzo, who are languishing in the relegation play-off places, in the top flight.
God willing this year will not be the exception. Together we are going to save San Lorenzo, Caruso told Ole, referring to his impressive record in helping teams avoid the drop.
A big club like this does not come looking for you every day, but I have a lot of faith in myself. <…
The decision to scrap FA Cup replays is further evidence of the EFL and its clubs being “marginalised”, the league has said.
The Football Association announced on Thursday it had reached an agreement with the Premier League on the future format and funding of the competition, which would include all replays from the first round being abolished.
A number of EFL clubs have criticised the changes and insisted they were not consulted, with the FA releasing a statement on Friday saying it understood those concerns and would share details with them about how any shortfall in lost replay revenue may be made up.
EFL Statement: FA Cup Replays
— EFL Communications (@EFL_Comms)
However, the EFL said this was just the most recent example of …
Prediction: Brazil to win 4-0
Odds:
Bookmaker:
Brazil will be looking to lift their ninth Copa America title on Sunday as they take on Peru in the final at the Maracanã.
Arguably one of the tournament s favourites, the Selecao take on a Peru side looking to lift the title for only the third time in the nation s history.
Brazil
It is fair to suggest that Tite s side are the heavy favourites heading into the final considering their form so far at the tournament. In five games, the hosts have won four, with their 0-0 draw against Venezuela the only flaw of their campaign so far. They put in a tremendous performance in the semi-finals to progress past great rivals Argentina, with goals from Gabriel Jesus and Roberto Firmino either side of the bre…
Sevilla have agreed to sign defender France Under-21 defender Clement Lenglet from Nancy on a four-and-a-half year deal.
The 21-year-old centre-back is due to complete his medical with the LaLiga club later on Thursday.
Lenglet made his Nancy debut in 2013 and, having progressed to captain the side that returned to Ligue 1 this season, he has chalked up a total of 84 senior appearances.
Sevilla are reported to have paid an initial fee of €4.5m for Lenglet, whose arrival comes after countryman Timothee Kolodziejczak left the reigning three-time Europa League winners to join Borussia Monchengladbach.
The 25-year-old has signed a contract running until June 2021 with the Bundesliga side.
A statement released by Sevilla said: Sevilla FC want to wis…
According to well-known journalist , Rangers are interested in signing former Arsenal and West Ham United midfielder Jack Wilshere on a free transfer. Wilshere is a free agent at the moment following his departure from Premier League club West Ham, and Scottish Premiership giants Rangers are reported to be in advanced talks with him.
Former Arsenal and West Ham midfielder Jack is in advanced talks with . They can sign him as a free-agent.
Nicolò Schira (@NicoSchira)
Wilshere joined West Ham on a free transfer in the summer of 2018 after leaving Premier League and London rivals Arsenal. Much was expected of the 28-year-old midfielder at the London Stadium, but the England international failed to make a huge impact, and earlier this we…
Eintracht Frankfurt sporting director Bruno Hubner said the Bundesliga side are still optimistic about keeping star Ante Rebic.
Rebic has been heavily linked to Serie A side Inter, while neighbours AC Milan have also emerged as a possible destination for the Croatia international forward.
Eintracht – who reached the Europa League semi-finals last season – have already lost star duo Luka Jovic (Real Madrid) and Sebastien Haller (West Ham) during the transfer window.
However, after Rebic s hat-trick in Eintracht s 5-3 win over Waldhof Mannheim in the first round of the DFB-Pokal, Hubner said: We are still optimistic.
41 For the first time in al
000005D0
most 41 years, have won a cup match when two goals behind the last time this happened was in Sept…
Southampton have signed former Manchester City and Chelsea goalkeeper Willy Caballero on a short-term contract.
The 40-year-old, who has been a free agent since leaving Stamford Bridge at the end of last season, will join the south-coast club until January 5.
Saints boss Ralph Hasenhuttl is currently without both Alex McCarthy and Fraser Forster due to injury and criticised the former on Saturday after he failed to reveal the extent of his hamstring issue during the 1-1 Premier League draw against Brighton and Hove Albion, in which McCarthy conceded an equaliser deep into stoppage time.
This is something we cannot accept, Hasenhuttl said after the game. There must be a message: I cannot jump, and then we can make a change.
We still had one change [av…
FIFA has vowed to take adequate actions after England players were allegedly racially abused by Hungary fans during a World Cup qualifying win on Thursday.
Raheem Sterling and Jude Bellingham were allegedly subjected to abuse as the Three Lions cruised to a 4-0 Group I victory at the Puskas Arena.
Hungary were ordered to play their next two UEFA competition matches behind closed doors following an investigation into discriminatory behaviour by supporters at Euro 2020.
World governing body FIFA on Friday vowed to act once it receives reports from match officials and delegates who attended the match in Budapest.
First and foremost, FIFA strongly rejects any form of racism and violence and has a very clear zero tolerance stance for such behaviour in footb…
Bruno Fernandes hinted he may leave Manchester United in the close season, but insisted he will not consider his future until after the European Championship.
The United skipper has been one of the Red Devils standout performers during a tricky campaign for Erik ten Hag s side, who are sixth in the Premier League and six points behind fifth-place Tottenham with three games remaining.
Fernandes has chipped in with 26 direct goal involvements (15 goals, 11 assists) the most by any United player and became the first player to create over 100 chances in the Premier League this term during Saturday s 1-1 draw with Burnley.
The club are reportedly prepared to sell most of their top players in the close season under the new Jim Ratcliffe regime, though the Portugal int…
Antoine Griezmann says he is proud to match Zinedine Zidane for assists with France, but credited their World Cup victory over Denmark as a team performance.
Kylian Mbappe s double saw the defending champions book their place in the knockout rounds with a 2-1 win, cementing top spot in Group D with a game in hand.
Griezmann supplied the crucial delivery for the forward s winner, cancelling out Andreas Christensen s earlier equaliser, to move him to 26 assists overall for his country.
That draws him level with national legend and fellow World Cup winner Zidane, but while Griezmann was delighted to match the achievement, he was quick to pay tribute to Didier Deschamps squad as a whole.
I am very proud of that, he told TF1. But I insist [it is] the work of …